Fixing Office 365 Error Code 30180-4
Fixing Office 365 Error Code 30180-4?
www.office.com/setup: Repair the Office 365 30180-4 error code: The Microsoft Office 365 business name offers productivity software and software related to your subscription. You can use the Microsoft Office application on Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android and Windows 10 Mobile. If you have a lack of space, you can use OneDrive that provides you with storage in the cloud. There are many more things you can do when using Office 365.
Office 365 is available for personal use and for business purposes. Its design and performance have changed and improved a lot over the years. But at some point a user may face a problem using Office 365. One of these errors is the Office 365 30180-4 error code that occurs when you install Office on your device.
Repair the Office 365 30180-4 error code
HOW TO CORRECT THE OFFICE ERROR CODE 365 30180-4?
HOW TO AVOID OFFICE 365 ERROR CODE 30180-4?
- Try installing Office 365 using the offline installer.
- Use the wired connection to access the internet instead of wireless connections.
- Install Office from a different location, your network may be limited so that it does not allow Office to install it.
- Make sure that your network provider does not limit the use of data or the speed of the Internet.
METHODS TO CORRECT OFFICE 365 ERROR CODE 30180-4
- Deactivate the antivirus temporarily
- It is possible that your antivirus is hampering the installation process by not allowing few files to run on your device. You can turn off the antivirus service to install Office 365 and turn it back on once the installation is complete.
- You can also try uninstalling the antivirus software to install Office 365. Do not forget to reinstall it. Contact your antivirus company to know the process of disabling and enabling your antivirus.
- Temporarily disable the proxy settings
- Turn off your browser’s proxy settings before installing Office 365 on your device.
- Click on the Start button located in the lower left corner of your Windows device.
- Go to Settings and select Network and Internet.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select Proxy.
- In the Manual proxy settings, slide the bar to turn it off and save the configuration.
- If it is already off, exit the configuration window.
- Start your Internet Explorer software and click on the tool in the upper right corner.
- Select the Internet options and click on the Connection tab.
- Click on the LAN configuration button.
- In Proxy Server, clear the option “Use a proxy server for your LAN (This configuration will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).”
- Click Apply or OK to save the configuration.
- If you are using any other browser, go to their help and check how to disable their proxy settings. If this method does not work for you, then check the following.
Turn off the firewall temporarily
Turning off your computer’s firewall will make your device vulnerable to threats. Be sure to activate the firewall as soon as you finish with the installation of Office 365.
For Windows 8.1 and 7
- Click on the Start button and select the Control Panel.
- In the search box, type Firewall and click Windows Firewall.
- Navigate the left panel and select Shut down and turn on the Windows Firewall.
- If requested, give permission to the administrator and enter the device password.
- Click on Deactivate Windows Firewall and then click on OK.
For Windows 10
- Click on the Start button and go to the Windows Defender Security System.
- Next, choose the Firewall and network protection option.
- Select the network profile under Windows Firewall and turn it off.
- In case you are still receiving the Office 365 30180-4 error code during installation, please contact the Customer Support team. Be sure to activate all the security systems mentioned above; otherwise, your device will be available for various threats.