www.office.com/setup: Repair the Office 2007 error The Windows installation service is not accessible. When you install Microsoft Office Suite on your device, you may see the error “The Windows Installer service could not be accessed.”
This problem usually occurs when the Windows installer files are damaged or missing. This problem will not allow Microsoft Office to install and function correctly. To eliminate this error, follow the methods mentioned below.
FIX OFFICE 2007 ERROR WINDOWS INSTALLER SERVICE NOT ACCESSED
EXECUTE THE MSCONFIG TOOL TO VERIFY THAT THE INSTALLATION SERVICE WORKS
- Select the Start button on your Windows screen and run the search.
- Click on the Run program in the list.
- In the Open box, enter msconfig and click OK.
- Go to the Service tab and look for the Windows Installer option in the list.
- Click on the check box next to the Windows Installer and press OK.
- Restart your device
- Windows Installer is running again. Try installing Office again and enter your product key to use it successfully.
DESREGISTER AND RE-REGISTER THE WINDOWS INSTALLER
- Click on Start, go to Run. Enter MSIEXEC / UNREGISTER and press OK. This will cancel the Windows Installer registry.
- Click on Start, go to Run. Enter MSIEXEC / REGSERVER and press OK. This step will reregister the Windows installer.
- You will not notice any difference, even if you do it correctly. Try installing Office on your device. If the error still occurs, go to the next method.
REINSTALL THE WINDOWS INSTALLER
- Click on the Start button, find the cmd and press the Enter key.
- The command prompt window will appear on your screen.
- Enter the following commands and press the Enter key after each command:
cd% windir% \ system32
ren msi.dll msi.old
ren msiexec.exe msiexec.old
ren msihnd.dll msihnd.old
- And finally, type exit and press the enter key to exit the command prompt.
- Restart your device
- After your device is on again, update the Windows installer. And restart your computer.
UPDATE YOUR WINDOWS PROGRAMS
- Click on Start on your Windows screen.
- Search update and go to the Windows Update.
- Click on the button Check for updates. The system will automatically search for available updates.
- This may take a while depending on the number of updates and the speed of the internet.
- Once you find the new updates, click Install updates.
- Then, the windows will automatically download and install the new updates.
- Restart the device once the updates are made.
- After following these steps, your Office still shows “The Windows Installer service could not be accessed,” then you
- should contact a support person. Contact our Customer Support team for help now.