www.office.com/setup: Today, we released eight data transformation and connectivity updates for Get & Transform—a powerful set of Excel 2016 features based on the Power Query technology, which provides fast, easy data gathering and shaping capabilities. These updates—requested by many of our customers—are available as part of an Office 365 subscription. If you are an Office 365 subscriber, find out how to get these latest updates. If you have Excel 2010 or Excel 2013, you can also take advantage of these updates by downloading the latest Power Query for Excel add-in.
These updates include the following new transformation features and improved data connectivity features:
- New transformation features:
- Add Column by Example.
- Split Column (by Delimiter/Number of Characters) into rows.
- Basic mode for Group By operation.
- Extract Text Before/After/Between Delimiters.
- Unpivot Only Selected Columns.
- Combine Files experience—ability to reference first file as example.
- New Go to Column in Query Editor.
- SAP HANA Connector—enhancements to Parameter Input UX.
Add Column by Example
With this update, we added a new capability to the Query Editor that allows you to create a new column by specifying a set of examples of the desired output. Based on these examples, Excel automatically detects and applies the required transformations.
This is an innovative approach to defining query steps within the Query Editor, which simplifies the process for basic users, as they no longer need to come up with an algorithm or complex logic for how to transform or extract data from other columns or how to define those transformations in the Query Editor. click here for office setup here