www.office.com/setup Fix Office 2007 Error Windows Installer Service not Accessed – While Installing Microsoft Office Suite on your device, you may come across and Error “The Windows Installer service could not be accessed”
This Problem generally occurs when the Windows Installer Files are damaged or missing. This issue will not let the Microsoft Office to properly install and work. To eliminate this error follow the below-mentioned methods.
FIX OFFICE 2007 ERROR WINDOWS INSTALLER SERVICE NOT ACCESSED
METHOD 1: RUN THE MSCONFIG TOOL TO CHECK THAT THE INSTALLER SERVICE IS RUNNING
- Select the Start button on your Windows Screen and search run.
- Click on the Run Program from the list.
- In the Open box, enter msconfig and click OK.
- Go to the Service tab and look for the option Windows Installer in the list.
- Click on the checkbox next to the Windows Installer and press OK.
- Restart your device.
The Windows Installer is running again. Try an install Office again and enter your Product Key to successfully use it.
METHOD 2: UNREGISTER AND RE-REGISTER THE WINDOWS INSTALLER
- Click Start, go to the Run. Type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER and press OK. This will unregister the Windows Installer.
- Click Start, go to the Run. Type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER and press OK. This step will re-register the Windows Installer.
You will not notice any difference even if you do it correctly. Just try and install Office on your device. If the error still occurs then go to the next method.
METHOD 3: REINSTALL WINDOWS INSTALLER
- Click on the Start button, search cmd and hit Enter Key.
- The Command Prompt Window will appear on your screen.
- Type Following commands and hit Enter key after each command:
- ren msiexec.exe msiexec.old
- ren msihnd.dll msihnd.old
- And finally, type exit and press enter key to exit the command prompt.
- Restart your device.
- After your device is on again, update the Windows installer. And restart your computer.
METHOD 4: UPDATE YOUR WINDOWS PROGRAMS
- Click Start on your Windows screen.
- Search update and go to the Windows Update.
- Click on the Check for Updates button. The system will automatically look for available updates.
- This may take a while depending on the number of updates and your internet speed.
- Once the new updates are found, click on Install Updates.
- Then the windows will automatically download and install the new updates.
- Restart the device once the updates are done.
After following these steps, your Office still shows “The Windows Installer service could not be accessed” then you need to get in touch with a support personnel. Contact our Customer Support team for assistance now.
You may also Setup Office at Office.com/setup.